SIGN UP AND YOU’LL BE NOTIFIED OF FUTURE WORKSHOPS!
Drupal website for Chicago River Canoe & Kayak
With Lizz Winstead, co-creator of the Daily Show:
Produced, directed, and edited a web series for Lifetime TV called Gift Intervention
Produced, shot, directed, and edited a reality-show pilot for Fuse TV
“As the quiet chaos of the comings and goings and People With Keys continues throughout the evening into the night, the writers work. It is equal-parts newsroom budget meeting and Saturday Night Live bull session – demanding, funny, intense. At the moment, the crew is still searching for a slogan that will sum up a holiday special that attempts to persuade all religions to embrace materialism the way Christians have with Christmas. Slogans are tossed out. Some are met with indifference, silence, polite chuckles. Then, out of nowhere, Manning says, “Consume All Ye Faithful.” Ding-ding-ding. We have a winner. But there are no high-fives, no exaggerated back-pats, just a natural move to the next order of business: There’s more work to be done, as show time is two days away.”
Writing and video clips available upon request.
Shannon Manning was the New Media Deputy for New York City in 2008, with focus on social media used to maximize old media effectiveness.
• Optimized New York State page on BarackObama.com to improve volunteer user experience and boost participation in key state canvassing and local phone banks
• Was integral part of the data team that distributed voter file data to phone bank sites, exceeding rapidly escalating weekly goals from HQ
• On Election Day, handled data requests for all of New York State’s phone banks, which resulted in 1.3 million GOTV calls to key states
• Updated New York State blog. Wrote, researched, and vetted volunteer-submitted reports and slideshows. Promoted selected grassroots events
• Shot and produced volunteer recruitment videos
David Pollak, New York State Director, Obama for America
“Shannon was a dedicated and hard worker in an impossibly stressful environment – a Presidential campaign. She worked long hours, beat all deadlines, and she and her team accomplished the impossible, generating 1.3 million GOTV phone calls from more than 20 volunteer phone banks throughout the State.”
Benjamin Yee, New Media Director and VoterFile/Data Manager, NY, Obama for America
“During the Obama campaign Shannon was indispensable to the functioning of the New Media department. Shannon’s skill set is diverse – capable of helping with both web design and programming as well as creating the content necessary to make a website worth visiting. She is also more than capable of independent action, figuring out ways to solve problems that were posed to her. A pleasure to work with and very humorous, she has become a good friend of mine post-campaign.”
Shannon Manning interview in blog: I Can Bring Home the Bacon